Welcome to My Front Porch.....

Welcome to my front porch. It is a place where I entertain friends, family, and strangers. Where I have discussions on a wide range of topics. It's where I have long talks with my husband and where I do most of my homeschooling. My porch is also a place of solitude. Where I go with a cup of coffee and my bible for quiet time in the morning and where I relax after a long day with a glass of wine and a magazine. So kick off your shoes, have a glass of sweet tea, sit-a-spell and visit.



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Orange

My daughter does journal writing as part of her homeschooling.  She had a couple of entries I just loved and asked her permission to share them.  I've posted one below, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal entry by Grace:
September 6, 2010
ORANGE

The color orange is used in so many things and in almost every season it's in summer, fall and sometimes spring.  It's warm, dark, light, happy, cozy, the color of fire, and flowers.  It's a beautiful mix between red a hot color, and yellow a fresh bright color.  Even though orange is its own color it is also like its "parents"too. It's like red because its hot, warm, firey and nice to see in cool weather.  It's like yellow because it's bright , happpy, and fresh, but at the same time it's its own.  I'm glad God made ORANGE!

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment