Welcome to My Front Porch.....

Welcome to my front porch. It is a place where I entertain friends, family, and strangers. Where I have discussions on a wide range of topics. It's where I have long talks with my husband and where I do most of my homeschooling. My porch is also a place of solitude. Where I go with a cup of coffee and my bible for quiet time in the morning and where I relax after a long day with a glass of wine and a magazine. So kick off your shoes, have a glass of sweet tea, sit-a-spell and visit.



Friday, October 22, 2010

How Fun It Is to Be a Girl

Journal Entry by Grace
October 19, 2010

                                                      
Oh how fun it is to be a girl.  To work and labor in the home and not under the hot summer sun.  When you do somehting thourghly and sweetly for your mother the joyous look in her eye and the proud tone in her voice as she says, " that's my good girl", oh, what a thrill. And to be "daddy's little girl" doesn't that sound darling. I like the airy feel of a dress and the feel of the wind through my hair.  Such pretty rooms we girls have so bright and happy.  Our play is giddy and gay as we stick flowers in our hair and dream of how it will be when we are young ladies and women.  We girls are precious buds, then we grow into beautiful roses.

GOD BLESS YOUR PRECIOUS ROSE BUDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment