Welcome to My Front Porch.....

Welcome to my front porch. It is a place where I entertain friends, family, and strangers. Where I have discussions on a wide range of topics. It's where I have long talks with my husband and where I do most of my homeschooling. My porch is also a place of solitude. Where I go with a cup of coffee and my bible for quiet time in the morning and where I relax after a long day with a glass of wine and a magazine. So kick off your shoes, have a glass of sweet tea, sit-a-spell and visit.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

 I like to cook with fresh herbs all year.  So I often will grow them in my windowsill.  This year however, I decieded to glam-up my pots with a little paint.



I just took regular clay pots and some spray paint.  After they dried I taped off the top rim and turned the saucer upside down.  Then painted them with chalkboard paint.  I liked the added black and you can write what you planted on the top rim of the pot.  Then next year wipe it off and plant something different.


Now I can have my fresh herbs growing in my kitchen in style.  I encourage you to go out and get some clay pots and add your personal touch!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love herbs in my window sill too. They're so pretty and delicious to cook with as well. Your pots are very clever and they look wonderful. I really like the color contrast between the blue and the black chalkboard paint.

    I'm really glad you stopped by today for a visit. I really appreciate your kind words! God bless you and your family. Enjoy your week!

    xo,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete